+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thanks Ohiotuber!!

Default Thanks Ohiotuber!!

I just wanted to say Thanks to Mike (Ohiotuber). He has provided 2 of the best days on the water with my kids that I?ve had. A few weeks ago he put my daughter and I onto some nice fish for our annual ?Dad and Daughter Trout Fishing? adventure. Not just go to ?this river info?, but right to a spot that put a few ?fish on?. Last Saturday my 13 yr old son and I were invited by Mike to fish a few ponds with him that he has access to. To make a long story short, a new fly fisher was born that day.

My son has had a goal to catch a "Fish Ohio" blue gill, over 9". Most of the local public ponds we usually frequent just don't have that kind of size. Mike just about "guaranteed" we would have success and wouldn't you know, my son's first fish last Saturday, on a wooly worm that he tied, was a big, dark gill of 9.5" Usually after a little while, he would get frustrated and switch to spin gear or just poke around the pond, but not this day. We fished with Mike all day, and I mean all day. We caught and released a mess of gills and bass. It was an absolute pleasure and a privilege and I am grateful. Mike thanks again, you truly mean ?FAOL...all about sharing, caring, & good friends?.

Mike (MAC in NEOhio)

Default Re: Thanks Ohiotuber!!

Hey there Mac,
    Mike IS one heck of a guy. I met him last year at the MI fish-in and in that short time I could see the mans big heart. I say that even though he was clean outta peanut butter fudge when I got there.

Mark

Now enjoying the California coastline

Don't ya just love it; Ohio tuber teaching flyfishing! Nice job...

Mark,
    I hope your having a good time and driving carefully! I hope you can visit the BEST coast and come to Oregon sometime.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

OH and Mike your a peach!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Thanks for the kind words...something not mentioned is the fact that young Christian out fished both his Dad & me! That young man caught a number of huge gills & a bunch of bass too. BTW, Christian already knew how to fly fish, he would just get bored with catching small or few fish. He had no time to get bored this trip...he was too busy C & R'ing big gills & 1 1/2 to 2lb bass.

Hey Marco...I plan to send PB fudge up there with Joe Valencic with orders to take a picture of YOU munchin' on it!!
    Mike

ps: Mike, we'll make sure we schedule more trips...after all, there's at least 3 decent ponds we didn't get to!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread