+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mikey gets another "water ride"!

Default Mikey gets another "water ride"!

I just bought Joe Valencic's Creek Co ODC 816 'toon. Aluminum frame, weighs just 45 lbs. That will be a nice alternative to my canoe when I fish solo in small waters & some quiet streams. All I have to do is outfit it with an anchor system & a couple rod holders. Another new toy added to my arsenal. There are a few waters I fish where this baby will be ideal. In addition, the rowing may help in my quest to lose some weight & "firm up".
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Default Re: Mikey gets another "water ride"!

Mikey,

I made a couple of modifications that I think you will like, especially the ability to add an electric trolling motor and more comfortable seating. Here are the before and after shot of the modification.

BEFORE MODIFICATION:

AFTER MODIFICATION:

I'm sure you'll agree this is a much improved craft for stream and small pond fishing. I'll have my hole saw in the truck so we can custom locate some holes to hold your beer cans in the most convenient locations. You can also connect your wire stringer to the aluminum seating frame right at your feet.

See you in the morning for some gill fishing.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

If Joe drowns tomorrow, it ain't MY fault!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    Mikey,

I made a couple of modifications that I think you will like, especially the ability to add an electric trolling motor and more comfortable seating. Here are the before and after shot of the modification.

BEFORE MODIFICATION:

AFTER MODIFICATION:

I'm sure you'll agree this is a much improved craft for stream and small pond fishing. I'll have my hole saw in the truck so we can custom locate some holes to hold your beer cans in the most convenient locations. You can also connect your wire stringer to the aluminum seating frame right at your feet.

See you in the morning for some gill fishing.

Joe
    Joe,
    The OUTCAST company called to say they were interested in marketing your BEFORE modification Float Boat!!!!!!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Now thats just wrong!

Ps. Mikey, if by firm up you meant rigor mortis, your on the right track!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Mike;
    With the shortage of float tube waters here I'm going to put mine up for sale and look for a 'toon. Let me know how you like yours.

nighthawk Guest

As you may recall I sold Mike his canoe. Mike called me last night to tell me about this post before I got a chance to read it. He thought I might be upset with him for opting for the toon over the canoe. I think his plans for the canoe are wonderful. Honestly, folks, I cannot even imagine anything that would make me upset with Mike! I reminded him that what he is doing is "paying it forward" and that is a beautiful thing to do.

Congratulations, Mike! That is a really cool toon.

Hey Mike,

By all means, bring it with ya when ya come. We'll finally get an answer to that
    nagging question about toons and gators.*G* Warm regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hatch
    By all means, bring it with ya when ya come. We'll finally get an answer to that
    nagging question about toons and gators.
    I can already tell you first hand . The gators (normal unfed ones) don't like boats of any kind including a pontoon boat but then again, I am real careful "where" I put the toon in the water if I happen to do so during the prime active gator months of Spring and Summer. I normally only use the toon in Fall and Winter, only on the rare occasion during the active gator months and then on waters where there is little or no gator activity.

BTW, I have an ODC 816 and really like it. Looking for a canoe so I can feel a little more secure fishing year round but I'm not selling my toon .
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

+ Reply to Thread