I read on this forum and also in some fishing magazine tip on conservig gas.

Now from people say your gas consumtion goes up something like 1% for every 1 mph over 60.

How was this tested - under what kind of conditions and what vehicle?

I made the test myself. I have rather long commute to work so if I could save some gas it woulfd be great. I have always maintained areoud 70 mph. Since my little car is down I was driving my fishmobile to work for a while. It is 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan. Driving for few weeks the computer shows average milega to be 22.9 mpg. Ok so I think to myself let's see if I can save some cash here. I reset the computer and drive for two weeks the same way ,under same conditions for two week. At the end of that period computer shows 21.8 mpg average. So I actually burned more gas!! I go back to my wicked ways of driving around 70 after resetting the computer once more. After two weeks it shows - you guessed it 22.9 mpg.

I would like to know where does this information come from EPA?

Is my car wacky?

Than on the side note. My regular long distance voyager - 2000 Dodge neon is rated at 32/27 mpg. I get 33 average!!!!

My son in law has a RAM rated at 17/13 he never gets more than 15.

I do not think I will ever again belive anything about milegae unless I test it myself.

Wait if driving my fishmobile faster uses less gas than maybe I should drive around 100?

On the other hand that would put a dent on my budged in the form of the traffic tickets.

Local law enforcement "likes" speeding cars very much. They stop them all of the time I think they want to chit chat.