+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA fish-in

Default PA fish-in

What's Up?! We weren't able to make the trip this year. Was hoping to vicariously enjoy the outing with some kinda post. Did everyone fall in and forget to go home? Or you guys still trying to sleep off all the extra pounds? Anytime,

Mike & Matt
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

Default Re: PA fish-in

MPK - Today was the first day of the PA fish-In. I won't be heading up until Friday morning at zero dark thirty. I'll be sure and post a report with pictures on Monday. Hope the guys had a good day today - the water levels are actually good right now, and I expect the fishing will be too. I'm packed and ready to go!.......Ed

Mike

Just got back last night and trying to sort everything out. We had a little food left over. Ed can tell you later about that..... I will be posting some pics very shortly. Everything went well. Big Pine was a little warm for and real good fishing but the little pine was....in a word..excellent. Even you know who, caught some fish. Some of the other boys might chime in on this.

Look for pics soon. My camera got busted but it still will let me download what I had on the chip.

Randy

I've tried downloading some pics but it didn't go thru. Maybe Heritage Angler or Dotman can help out.

Randy

Hi Randy - I'm just getting to the point where I can THINK about eating again. I'm working on posting the photos to an album on Photobucket, and I'll post a link to it as soon as its done. Debbie is going to send me her photos, so I'll add them to the album as well. I'll give a little rundown on what I experienced at the Fish-In later, but for now, I'd just like to thank you for running a FANTASTIC event. I won't miss one minute of next year's Fish-In, but I'll starve myself for a week prior. I think the official motto for the PA Fish-In should be:

"GEEZ, I HOPE YOU'RE HUNGRY!"

Think I'll drop Simms a note about my "stress test" on the seams of my waders. For all those folks that missed the Fish-In, I'd highly recommend them to make plans on attending next years event. It is absolutely at the top of my vacation list from now on. I had a great time!!!.........Ed

Any stream thermometer casualties? Had wanted to send a note with Randy to be read up there. Got my dates mixed up and thought I had missed it....(blonde roots, but not near as blonde as Debbie ). Anywho, I know we missed out this year - hopefully we can coordinate a reunion of sorts next. Looking forward to the posts and photos.

Mike K.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

The thermometer story was priceless . For some reason, no one would let flyman3 near their thermometers! Debbie (MamaD) was a fish magnet, and had a nice fat rainbow on just a few minutes into the fishing on Saturday night. It jumped about 3 feet in the air, but it broke off while I tried to net it. My bad. Here's a picture of the back of the Lodge that I took while standing in the little brookie stream that ran right behind the Lodge:

To see more pictures of the PA Fish-In, check out my post "PA Fish-In Pictures"....Ed

Norman, OK (via Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska & Ohio)

HOLY MOLY! What a beautiful place! And I can only imagine what the thermometer story is all about. Would love to join the PA fish-in if you ever have another!
    Thank God for my wife, the midge nymph and those hapless Iowa Hawkeyes!

Well, we're planning next years right now. Probably will be in the same location next year. Dates will be finalized later. Sometime in January is when we set the dates. We moved the date one week earlier from last year. That may take place again, as we ran into some warm water in the Big Pine.

The lodge is first class. We even have rooms available within 75yards for overflows. Thats where Heritage Angler and Dotman stayed.
    We tell the story about the thermometer every year. If you want to hear it, you have to come next year.
    When you see the pics that Ed took, you will know what we mean about having "enough to eat" Ed didn't mention the cobbler with ice cream for dessert on the last night. Oh yea, the chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting too.

I was the last to leave on Sunday,as I wanted to catch that "one more" before heading home. By the time I returned, everyone had left. I thinkwe all wanted to stay a few more days, but jobs and wives needed our attention. It was a shame to leave. We still had enough food for 3 more days......

I'll be sending my pics to Heritage angler to post.

See you all next year
    Randy

+ Reply to Thread