Hi All, Went out for first Smallmouth trip Sat evening. Left a bit late but got a couple hours in. Fishing was slow and difficult with canoes floating by. I'll try a different area next time or go float myself. Anyways, I managed to pick a very small fish . . . . I got a hole that ususally holds a few very large fish, but I can never catch . . . I thought I would try again though . . Got there only to find kids swimming in the hole . . . so much for that. I figured that maybe the fish had moved up stream a bit and may be sitting in the grass or along the edges so I started a hundred yards above the hole and started working down. I went through several flies with no luck. Finally went to the Old Faithful Chartreuse and White Clouser Minnow. On about the 4th cast, I felt it hang on the bottom again. But this time the bottom moved! . . Fish on! . . After grand fight, I lipped my largest Smallie ever! I asked the swimming kid's father to snap a pic on my digital camera for me but he turned out to be camera challenged . . . no pic!

Gotta run to shop and get some more Chartreuse deer hair, I am out!!

-wayne