I've been fishing Fountain Lakes Park for bluegill for about a year now and all I've been able to catch are small little fish ranging from 3 to 5 inches and very pale in color. Some days have been pretty good were I have cauht 50 or more fish and other were I've been skunked. This morning about 7:30 I made my normal appearnce and with the normal results for the first hour. My plan today was to switch back from the furled leader to a 7.5 foot 5X leader(4.5lb) tapered leader tipped with a yellow #12 Gurgle-Pop and a #12 GRHE dropped about 2.5 feet below.

I was fan casting and moving along the shore getting hits on both flies by the usual suspects until I got to a small overflow pipe were there was a deeper channel cutting it's way out to the drop off. I cast out to were the deep sections intersected and no sooner did the GP come to rest it got slammed by the biggest Bluegill that I have ever caught on a fly rod. This dark shape put me right onto the reel and started to bend my 7.5 foot 4 wt respectfully and made my reel go ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! I had a good fish finally!!!

After I landed the fish and caught some more respectable fish before the action died so I moved on not finding anything else but more of the usual suspects. I'm pretty sure that this fish weighed about a pound and went somewere about 10 inches. Not a monster bluegill but fantastic compared to the bluegills that I usually catch there.

I owe this morning to everything that I have learned in the WWF, Rick, Joe and everyone. Credit also goes to Bluegill Fly Fishing and Flies. What a great little book. Also learned about here in the WWF.

Thanks everybody,

Greg