Last week my wife & I rented a cabin for a mid-week trip at a local state park just outside of B'ham.There was a small (28 acres)lake near the cabins.I went out the next morning about 7:30 to the narrow end of the lake and started casting a green &white panfish popper out towards some weeds .Now I'm new at this so my cast weren't all that long or pretty. this is only the second time I've been out. I casted in differert areas around the weeds never getting closer than 5 feet to them. Idid this for about 30 minutes when the bug disapeared and the line took off to the center of the lake. I was schocked as hell and almost had a heart attack .I finally got him reeled in and landed . It was abeautiful bass about 1 1/2 -2lbs. Later that afternoon when it got cooler my wife & i went spin-casting off a dock and i caught 2 more bass about the same size. we were using 6"reddish-pink worms with a propeller in front. what surprised me was both of these fish jumped and one "walked" for a second or two,but they weren't as fun as the first one and it tasted better than them.I know these weren't wild fish being about the same size but i didn'trealize the state stocked this small lake like the fishing lakes at Oak Mountain State Park.