+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alaska.

Default Alaska.

Has anyone been to the rocky river lodge in Port Graham? I'm planing a 7 day trip, and would like info about the camp.

Default Re: Alaska.

Hmmmm. Port Graham... I haven't heard of the lodge, but I know that the fishing is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Salmon and dolly varden in the freshwater, halibut, cod, rockfish, crab, shrim and clams in the salt. When are you going?

I will be trying to find a partner at our next fly club meeting in June. The openings for the trip are in Aug.

Alaskanfishguides---Your list of fish makes me sad and happy for my daughter and grandson. Daughter on a buisiniss trip to Kodiak then they take afloat plane to Afognak for a week. She never asks me to go just asked me what equip to take. The other grandson went to New Zealand with her---- BILL

Bill, You might need to do what I did a few years back. My son was in the Army and got stationed in Fairbanks AK. I hinted around about flying up to fish for nearly six months, before he got the not so suttle hint. He started getting camping gear, up graded his fishin gear and a year later I fly up and we fished and camped together from Fairbanks to Homer, with side trips to Valdeze and Seward. We had such a good time together that HE paid to fly me up the next year for three weeks, What a Son!!!

+ Reply to Thread