So I spent the winter (off and on) building a St. Croix with titanium guides and what not and finally got to take the rod out. It casts beautifully and couldn't be happier with it. I had it out again Friday on a rather fast river which wasn't very wadeable, so I found a few spots I could cast from and was doing fine. I worked up river along the bank took a cast and just grazed some small branches/brush so I decided I better roll cast. On my second cast the top two sections of my 4-pc came off the rest of the rod...I have never had anything like that happen before...I wasn't too worried figuring the fly at the end would just grab a guide and I could bring it back in. I was wrong, apparently when I hit the brush I lost the fly. The two sections of rod hit the rapids and were gone, and this was only the second time having the rod out.

Does St. Croix or any of their vendors sell blank sections? I sent St. Croix and email telling them my sob story when I got home but haven't gotten a response yet. The last thing I want to do is spend another $200+ to have to rebuild the entire thing when I only need to do the top half.

What to do???

-Pemi