+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Product thumbs up!!

Default Product thumbs up!!

Had an opportunity to put "Bull Frog" sunscreen to the test this past Sunday, and it was fantastic!! Sat in the direct sun, in the middle of the football field, for 2 + hours, at my grandsons high school graduation. I could see people all around me turning various shades of red, and I didn't have one speck of sunburn when it was over!! Pretty convincing test!! Spray on, non-greasy, no odor, instant dry ... and it worked!

I might also add, while I'm here, just how much I absolutely hate the tread mill! Has nothing to do with fly-fishing or the Bull Frog sunscreen, but I just got off another mind numbing treck on the stupid thing, and I really hate it! Just thought I'd share that with you!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Re: Product thumbs up!!

Betty,

On the treadmill thing...if the treadmill is at your home, set it up in front of a TV and put in a DVD on fly fishing or fly tying and watch it while the treadmill does its thing. Makes time go by faster and less boring.
    Just a thought.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks Warren! I hate it that much WITH the TV on! You should have heard me before I tried that! Sad, but true, I like to watch Mythbuster blow stuff up while I'm on it!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

I'm on the darn thing every other day to keep my ticker going... TV, music, dvd's video try them all to kill some time. If that does not work try studing foreign language!!!. Tha should keep your mind on something else. If all else fails you might consider to switching to adifferent model of the trad mill. I find Mark One Treadmill System to be just the ticket on such an occasion.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

I thought everyone tied flies while they were on the tread mill?????????

Betty skip the treadmill. Get a dog and take him for a walk twice a day instead. It's much less boring and I've never yet seen a treadmill that gives me the same boost when I come home as being greeted by my dog.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Betty: I heard some years back that sweeping with a broom is one of the best excercies for burning calories one can do. Almost every time I pick up a broom I think about that comment. I can say for sure, I do feel the pain when sweeping and I joyfully go about my chore knowing that I am doing something good for my body and at the same time cleaning up the place. I think there are a lot of things we can do in are daily lives that will benifit the body and the soul. For you the treadmill is one, me i just keep on sweeping.

Rainbowchaser, LOL!!! I HAVE a big (ok ... huge) dog, but to go as many miles as I have to go (dr. ordered) it would take a week, with all the stopping to visit she does!!

Jonezee, Use my mode of transportation for excercise? I've never heard of such a thing.

I'm not doing it as a calorie counting measure ... wish I was. It's still part of the rehab for the stroke and high blood pressure so a stroke won't happen again. 45 minutes on that darned thing, every day, 7 days a week. Yuck! BP 110/74 Hate the process, love the results!

Betty,

Right on with the "Bullfrog" spray on sunscreen. I have the "Deet Free - Bullfrog with the "Mosquito Coast" insect repellent in it. Works great especially out in the woodsy small mountain streams with reams of skeeters about. As for treadmills, ours is in the rec room with the big screen TV so we can watch whatever. Wife watches her "stuff" and I'm usually on the "Outdoor Channel" or "VS" channel. That treadmill time passes much faster this way. Sometimes even stay on a littlke extra when the programming is about trout fishing!

GMN

Betty, you are so right about "Bullfrog", my red headed son who loves the ocean and before I found "Bullfrog" has gotten 2nd degree burns from the sun in the past using regular sun blocks, now can go swimming for hours and not have to deal with the pain anymore...

Thank you who ever invented it, and he or she must have had red hair...

+ Reply to Thread