+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Default Global Warming

I just viewed a video on Global Warming. It does give another perspective and makes one wonder where the truth actually lies. I also wonder whether there is anything we as humans can do to alleviate the effect? It is a relatively long video ( about an hour and 15 min.)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2478442170
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

Default Re: Global Warming

I've seen that video- certainly does make you want to question current "wisdom"

Methinks too many people have too much invested in "people are causing it" to ever really try to look elsewhere though.

Personally I have little doubt that the earth is warming. I just question the rabid statements that it's "All our fault". I'm sure humans are somewhat to blame, but I'm sure not convinced, and even less so since watching that video that it's all our doing.

If you believe the Global Warming crowd, please send me a pile of your money to purchase "Carbon Credits" to offset your existence on planet Earth. I assure you it will be put to good "environmental" use (MY environment). I also have some "Snake Oil" linament that cures whatever ails you, inside or out, and a couple of good bridges that I'll let go for a reasonable price. TRUST ME!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Folks who believe that the climate of this planet DOESN'T chnge aren't paying attention... Just ask any inhabitant of any of the former ice ages if the climate is any different from when they were alive...

The question isnt whether or not the climate changes(it clearly does) but whether or not we play a role. and what is it that we can do to slow our impact.. too bad it had to get politicized...

Here's a thought. Global warming is self limited. When we run out of oil we must change to another souce of fuel. Hydrogen produced from water with nuclear , wind , solar sources of energy is the only way to go.

Efforts to use ethanol are useless. It will not eliminate carbon emissions and only delays the inevitable developement of hydrogen economy.

How far along would we be to developing hydrogen fuel and hydrogen infrastructure if we spent 8 BILLION dollars per week since the begining of the Iraq war?

End of rant.

The human race is a naturally occuring species and unless I missed something someplace everything we use comes to us from the earth. I have not seen anything "imported" from outer space. It is my contention that even if global warming is caused by humans it is a natural occurance caused by using natrual products drived from the earth naturally. And who is to say this all isn't a part of the grand plan anyway.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Well it has to be doesn't it...to get us off the planet so it can heal itself.

MontanaMoose

To me, the debate should not be if it we did cause global warming, or if it is a natural event. Besides, this is not a "one or the other" kind of question, as the truth is likely in the middle. What should be about is that we try to keep things clean! Pollution is our real problem we are facing, and it is one problem that is entirely our (humans) fault that no one can argue. Trout need clean water, salmon and steelhead need clean water, and humans need clean water. Without clean water, nothing will survive for long. Overfishing and fish farms are another problem that is entirely human caused that needs to be addressed as well. Atlantic salmon that have escpaped the fish farms on the west coast are spawning in rivers in WA, BC, and even have been found in the famous Copper River in AK. In my limited mind, we should be worrying about the problems we KNOW that we caused, and fix them before we argue ourselves blue about if we are to blame for global warming. How sad would it be if we are still argueing about global warming while our fish go extinct due to pullution and over fishing?

The earth naturally goes through warming and cooling trends. I honestly cannot help but laugh at some of those on the Global Warming the sky is falling bandwagon. Should we do all we can to conserve our resources and limit pollution? ABSOLUTELY! Should we listen to Gore and some of these other political talking heads spewing data massaged to slant their way. I'm pretty sure there were no coal fired factories or other human influences back when the earth was warm enough for the dinosaurs that roamed in the Yukon or other now frosty areas. Rubbish in my opinion. You need to scare people to keep the grants coming.

IF Gore and his ilk are right and seriously doubt it, then why hasn't anone suggested that people cause pollution and we have too many people. Therefore a zero population growth objective would be in order. Factories produce things to satisfy peoples needs and make a buck. Why should we in the US have a tax policy that encourages people to breed????

+ Reply to Thread