+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Fishing Hat?

Default Re: What's Your Favorite Fishing Hat?

I love my old Columbia full brim hat with the bent up brim. If that baby ever gives out, I'm gonna give it a funeral!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

I have been partial to the "Fedora" style of hat for quite a while. I liked them before Indiana Jones came out. They are best on cool days. They give a lot of sun protection and a bit of warmth if the weather is a bit cool.The brim also has a downward tilt so that you dont have to hold your head a a weird angle for glare deflection. The Stetson brand is a good one in that they hold up to abuse( I am not easy on equipment). There are open weaves in that style for hot weather .
    Or you could do as I frequently do, shave your head and wear a bandana and sunglasses . <--- Thats what I look like ('cept I look pinker than that) without the bandana.

I only catch fish when i am wearing my astros hat, i am quite serious my fishing journal shows my catch rate are like 5 times great when wearing my astros hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinmich
    A hat's a hat. Big deal.
    But only if it has a fishing logo on it!
    I freely admit to being loco for logos.
    My favorite is a washed out red Feather Craft.
    nam

Quote Originally Posted by McManus
    I wore a ball cap for years, until they began to remove cancerous growths on friends ears and the back of their neck.
    I've been wearing a bandanna around my neck ever since I first saw Art Lee with one back when I was a kid. That covers the neck area while serving a 100 other uses; obviously sunscreen is a solution for the rest.

Neutrogena makes a stick version of sunscreen that extends like stick deodorant and is about 2" X 1" X 1/2" and easily fits in any pocket or pouch. Wal*Mart or most drugstores have it.

"I won't leave home without it!"

A 10 year old CO-OP Fertilizer ball cap. Has a big grease stain, and has been twisted 14 diferent ways. Comfortable, and it lets everyone know how much of a hayseed I really am.

ED

I have a dozen or so caps that I switch off on, depending on which is clean at the moment. None have fishing related logos on them. I do have a Hendrickson nymph on my foul weather dress hat, which is a well worn fedora style felt hat, and a wooly bugger on my fair weather dress hat.

To a bald man, a hat isn't a vanity, it is an essential for warmth in winter and sun protection in summer. My wife used to give me a hard time about the number of hats I have, until I pointed this out to her. They are as important as shirts or pants.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Since it says "fishing hat", not "fly fishing hat", I'd have to say that one of the most popular hats in many areas is the John Deere baseball hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle
    I've been wearing a bandanna around my neck
    Agree 100% on the bandanna. Don't leave home without it (and a spare). However, I still prefer a hat with a brim all around rather than a baseball hat. Had a Tilley for years and years (and years) and loved it. Finally got their broader brimmed model, and I have to say I like the original much better.
    Tenkara Bum

Ball cap with the logo of the local fly shop which closed about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't like advertizing on the river but prefer something fishing related atop my noggan. The hat with the logo of a closed fly shop is perfect for me.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

+ Reply to Thread