+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Favorite Fishing Hat?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's Your Favorite Fishing Hat?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmadsen
    I can't believe that we have THREE PAGES of posts on this topic and NO PICS!!!!

With all the stories posted here - there have to be some equally well-worn hats whose visage we are dying to see!

C'mon...show us your lids.

I can't believe you posted this without a picture of your hat!!!!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

My current favorite hat is a Buzz Off Adventure hat from Ex Officio. It does actually keep the bugs away from my face and ears. Other than that is is very light weight, fast drying and has a big brim to protect from the Florida sun. I don't like baseball caps since they don't protect the ears or neck and do not fully protect the face unless the sun is directly overhead. Most of my other fishing hats are bucket style hats with a full brim.

As requested, here's a picture

You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste... - Rahm Emanuel

Who is John Galt?

Blog Entries

I have this sweet little job that helps out with getting from hole to hole. Looking for one with a constant speed prop.

But seriously, I have an old cowboy hat with a chin strap I built in that keeps the sun off my head. Got it at Walmart for nuthin and so far so good.

Anything with a brim that I can stick my flip-up focals on p.s. that ain't cool thats a blind man

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech
    What do you all think of this one? Half the price of a Tilley and it will hold hat-eyes on the brim. I think Stetson priced themselves out of my market, but this one looks feasable.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
    Blessings,
    I have another brand of Canvas Breezer hat. After a while flip up focal lens will force the front of the brim down and then you have to tilt you head back to see. My fix was to wear the lens on the side of the hat and then slide it around to the front when I needed to use it.
    dB
    Sanitize your FF equipment and wash your boat, trailer, livewells & sumps. Wash your wading dog

I don't know if that image came through, but I wear a Moose River hat by Stetson. I've had it for years now and it's a little grungy and the band is covered with destroyed flies, but it has held up well. I often fill it up with water and dump it on my head when it's hot out. I also have a Filson hat I got as a gift, but it usually stays home. It lacks character.

Well worn and says it all....

Summer time I love the Watership trading company orcas island longbill in light wt khaki spec 50 nylon. Very lightweight, cool, good shade from sun (dark underside of bill for glare reduction), coolmax band for sweat.

9. Default Re: What's Your Favorite Fishing Hat?

I found a long billed fishing cap on a fence post along a limestone stream in Wisconsin and that was my favorite for several years until I put it in the washing machine and the bill got mishapen and put my Flip-Focals at a wierd angle.

I'm not a big fan of people wearing western cowboy hats on eastern streams. In my view anyone who doesn't rope and ride should not wear a cowboy hat! But that's just me.

I'm not a big fan of people wearing western cowboy hats on eastern streams. In my view anyone who doesn't rope and ride should not wear a cowboy hat! But that's just me.
    Whew! I didn't know you Easterners have a fishing dress code. I'm more of the 'if it feels good, do it' type of guy when it comes to fishing apparel.

But then again, my regular fishing outfit is a grungy fedora, a sex pistols T-shirt, a pair of shorts, and Converse sneakers with felt glued to the bottom. I get some weird looks sometimes - on a side note, no one seems to care on the streams around Boulder, but when I head down to the South Platte, I get a lot of head shaking and even a few glares.

+ Reply to Thread