I never thought I'd say that I was tired of catching fish, but today did us in. I fished a private lake today with my brother and nephew, and we caught a fish on literally EVERY CAST!!!!! Granted, they were bluegills, but they were all BIG bluegills. We kept about 50 of them (the owner wanted some of them culled so the bass would have less competition), so we only kept 8" fish and larger. All of the fish were caught on a #10 yellow foam spider with white legs. We cleaned them all, had a great fish dinner, and my sister-in-law put enough in the freezer for three more meals. Here's one that was 8-1/2" caught on my Dan Craft 7'-0" 1wt that I recently built. From the butt to the winding check is 9-1/2".

All in all we had to catch over 150 between all of us, and we were worn out from bringing in so many fish. There was also a mixed bag of largemouth bass from 8-14" that hit the spider as well. Great fun! I can't remember a day when I've caught so many fish on just one fly, and nobody lost a fly today (we re-tied the flies several times, but no losses).

Joe