I'm finally getting to log some time in my kayak. It's a bit of a struggle to load and unload one-legged, but well worth the effort. I can quietly zip around in places I could never go with my power boat. Don't have to worry about weeds on the prop. I do seem to have a bit of a problem with the boat wanting to veer slightly to port. Might be because oF more weight on one side because I still have my left leg or maybe my skeg needs adjusting. I guess it's possible I just paddle crooked.
I've been staying on small water so far, but I'm really enjoying exploring all the nooks and crannies of Farmersville's small South Lake. Caught some decent gills to go along with baby gills and green sunfish. Water is still cool enough that even the little green sunfish are really clobbering foam spiders & popping bugs, and pulling like they were giants.
The lake is really getting covered with lily pads and some kind of stringy weeds that mat up rather heavily. The weeds don't bother my paddling, but are a real PITA fly fishing. Lily pads are good for anchoring. Just slip the top of one under the elastic lash downs on my yak & flail away to my heart's content.
I'm really loving this kayaking stuff.YEEHAW!!! Can hardly wait to get out on a bigger lake and do some serious exploring. Prolly gonna have to do some hunting for spots to launch until I get more practice loading/unloading.