+ Reply to Thread

Thread: glacier national park

Default glacier national park

hi,
    Im off up to glacier national park for a couple of days on friday. Im planning on doing a bit of fishing while im there. Can anyone suggest a good place to fish where i can fish from the shore? There seem to be a few lakes, and id like to choose a camp ground near some fishing and hiking. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
    thanks
    lance

Call Lake Stream Flyfishing (406)862-1298. Steve Thompson can point you in the right direction.

Don't swim in the lake. That water is COOOOOOLD. )

Ken

Are you camping on the east or west side of the divide? If you're on the east side, check out some of the lakes on the Blackfeet Reservation. Duck can be fished from shore, as can Mitten, Twin and some others, although float tube opens up more possibilities. There are some huge trout in them - damselflies may be coming off now. Word of warning, it gets very windy. If you don't have a tube, I know that Lakestream used to rent them.

Regards,
    ScottP
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

They are certainly no secret, but Bowman and Kintla lakes in the northwest corner of the park are both great places to camp and have some fish. Glacier Park is really not spectacular fishing for the most part, though you can get into some good fishing in teh backcountry lakes - like most places the farther you hike, the better the fishing.
    It would be wise to take your can of bear spray also. I had to use it in Glacier late last month and certainly would not recommend hiking there without it.
    Its a beautiful park, fish or no fish you'll enjoy it.

Thanks guys,
    we're actually going to leave it a couple of weeks, we've decided, as its not going to be the best time for my wife to be in the vicinity of bears, if you get my meaning...

Sop we're going to go down to the lewis and clarke caverns, and give the jefferson a try.
    many thanks
    lance

There is no evidence that proves that menstruating women are more likely to be attacked by a bear. Total bs. Hidden Lake has nice trout in it and Ptarmigan too. Most of them do and most of the trout are stunted and easy to catch.

thanks benjo,
    nice to know that.

Hope the legs feeling better

Actually, there is a big misconception about bears and women. In reality, bears are more prone to attack minstrel women, because apparently, grizzly bears are not particularly fond of the performing arts.

Menstrual women, well, I'm not sure about that. Perhaps a sow will attack another female that is just as ornery and miserable to be around as she is.

Maybe he was worried his wife would attack the bear?

Yep...grizzleys are endangered I hear, and my wife's origainally from detroit...

+ Reply to Thread