+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Backyard

Default My Backyard

LF,

With a view like that how do you get anything done? It reminds me when I was a child visiting my mom's cousin wife sister place in Boulder Creek. She would tell us kids that the garden was tended by wood elves. My brothers and I would always try to see if we could spot one, but we never did.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Default Re: My Backyard

LF, i too enjoyed your "backyard" very much.
    Question, what is that tree in the far right area of photo's #1 and #3?
    It looks like a loquat to my uneducated eyes.
    Rich
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Thank you, LF

So I wanted to show off MY back yard too but I found that my wife still did not plant anything in the old Maytag drum. I'll send pictures when that's done. The tires are, however, painted. One white and one black, all around the perimeter. Some people prefer fences but I got a deal on old recaps I couldn't pass up AND doin my bit for recycling. Ah, gardening. Just love working in the back yard.
    The neighbors must be real jealous because since the load of tires came in, they haven't spoken to us at all. I should have asked them to help paint em. Well, maybe when the next load comes in.
    Hey LF, as you can tell by MY yard, maybe I could come by and give y'all some pointers?? A tire swing perhaps??. See, I told ya I had ideas. Oh, and by the way, that stork or whatever, tacky.

Mark

Marco,

No pictures needed. You gave a very vivid account of your backyard. Thanks for sharing and I hope the LF takes you up on your offer.

U R 2 funny!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Concordia salus.
    Translation: "Well-being through harmony." You must be feeling pretty good L.F. whilst strolling through your beautiful garden or just sitting in by your window with that wonderful view. I don't see any knomes? Gardening is something you can do and the end result can be so rewarding. You are indeed very lucky. Thank you for sharing, we are just getting some blooms on flowers and my maple trees are just beginning to leaf out. You are way ahead of us here in SE Michigan.

The tree is indeed a Loquat - was a gift from the contractor who built our front deck. It had lived in a greenhouse and the lady who owned it died and the family was looking for a home for the tree. No one thought it would live outside, but it is very sheltered where it lives and has grown tremendously. The big leaves do get weighed down when we do get snow so I have to go out and brush it off so the limbs don't break.

The tacky 'stork' is a blue heron decoy. We bought it from a sporting catalog when someone told us herons are very territorial and if one was 'there' others wouldn't come in and land. Herons are common here and eat Koi...cleaned out one of our little ponds the previous year. Well, trust me...we were not happy to find out herons are probably more curious than territorial.
    Sure enough, more herons showed up to 'visit' ours. Startling to see one walking across the yard soon after the fake was
    installed. Bird net works on the ponds much better - even discouraged the racoons and possums.

+ Reply to Thread