I went out in 1' waves and high winds with a pair of nice felt bottomed wading boots, in my float tube, and a pair of cheap flippers. I now find out I need Force Fins. Which ones.....the 18" or the 21". With a big size 13 tennis shoe style bootie and the 18" there wasn't much flipper sticking out past the shoe to propel with. I don't wear 13's.....I am a 8.5 to 9 size foot guy. But was having trouble finding something that didn't cramp my toes in width. A great Simms wading sandal would work terrific but the moulding in the toe area cramped my toes to the point of uncomfortable. Someone loaned me a pair of 18" force fins and a neoprene bootie and that was great. Her husband doesn't use them anymore but they didn't want to sell them to me. Too bad, perfect fit. Bought Hodgman's for wife that zip up front and couldn't even get the zipper up. Friend also had same trouble with Hodgmans. Unfortunately that is all Sportsmans Warehouse sells. I saw a boatload of cheap shoes at Wal-Mart that looked like they would work. Tennish shoes, etc....So my questions are do I get the 18" or the 21" Force Fin....and would some cheap shoe from Wal-Mart ($9 & up) work with the fins and my expensive sock soled Simms waders? Or should I get a brand name neoprene bootie made for the job? (Had to pay $90 for wife's Simms sandals but they perfect for her.)

Jim