+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist

Default Craigslist

I am thinking about selling 4 aluminum softball bats, so I went to www.craigslist.com to research how many softball bats were for sale and hopefully give me a idea how much I should ask for them.
    Funny thing is my eyes noticed some flyfishing stuff also for sale.
    1. Outcast Float Tube-$150.00
    2. Fly Tying Tools-$2.00 each
    3. Sage Flyrod Model #890-4DS 9ft. 8wt. 4 piece-$199.00
    4. St. Croix Pro Graphite Series PF9056 9ft. 5/6wt.-$175.00
    I think both these rods come with reels, one of them with a xtra spool
    5. A Lady who raises Parrots is asking if there are any fly tyers who would like some feathers
    LAST but not LEAST!
    M-203 Grenade Launcher, 3 shells included! I guess this would be a LAST RESORT!
    Doug P.S. Is this a GREAT COUNTRY or what!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Default Re: Craigslist

Bombs away!!!!!!!!
    Your hooks sharp????

Doug - They make a M203 A & B model. Is it the A or B ? Some of the old A models would dryfire, of course you wouldn't want that in a clinch. Get the B model if you can.

Doug,

From personal experience, I wouldn't give spit for an M-203, but if you locate a trusty old M-79 let me know.

Those 40 mm grenades get those pesky trout out from under the rocks, yes sir.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Jonezee,
    The ad didn't say which model A or B.
    Ron,
    I will be on the lookout for a M-79.
    I forgot to mention that I looked at more than 3,500 ads on Craigslist, until I almost passed out from exhaustion!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Nah, Dougie, you don't want a M-79 aka Thumper. It is a single purpose weapon. It is a granade launcher and that is all it does. The M203 attaches to the end of your M-14 thus allowing for a multipurpose weapon. You can launch the granade into the mddle of the lake and or walk around the perimeter and pick off the vermon (carp) with your rifle. Now aren't you glad you brought this up?

Jonezee,
    The only weapon I ever got to know was my Ruger Over & Under Shotgun. It's just funny that I ran across the grenade launcher looking through the Sports Ads.
    I would like to know from you or Ron, WHAT angle or trajectory would you aim the launcher/M-16, would you fire for effect first???
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezee
    Nah, Dougie, you don't want a M-79 aka Thumper. It is a single purpose weapon. It is a granade launcher and that is all it does. The M203 attaches to the end of your M-14 thus allowing for a multipurpose weapon. You can launch the granade into the mddle of the lake and or walk around the perimeter and pick off the vermon (carp) with your rifle. Now aren't you glad you brought this up?

Jonezee.......................
    Obviously you never had any contact with the flechet rounds for the M79. Clear a swath of jungle in front of you ten feet wide with a piece about every three inches.
    FFF Life Member #22

How bout this!
    17 HP Commercial DR Field & Brush Mower 26" Deck Electric Start.
    On Sale- $2,834.10

DickM,

Flechettes, now that's a word I haven't heard in a blue moon. Yup, them old thumpers with a flechette round would make a path you could drive a jeep down. Used to have a thumper with a sawed off stock on my ruck and a CAR-15 in my hands. Great combo. Ah, but I digress.

Doug, If'n ya get that brush mower, I got a patch of blackberry's you can take out for me. Then I'll take ya fishin for Sea Run Cutts or maybe some summer steelhead.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

+ Reply to Thread