+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could This BeThe End of Fly Fishing as We know It?

Default Re: Could This BeThe End of Fly Fishing as We know It?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    I make radio controlled sailboats and speedboats. There are 30 of us in our boat club and each time we sail someone loses a boat , which is why you need a real boat standing by for retreival. If your using that toy it would be be because you don't have a real boat to fish from.
    Ergo; sooner or later either the battery will die or you will push the limits and it will float out of radio range then your $250.00 will float away with it.

We have sailed lures out over 500 feet successfully then yanked them off the deck for reeling in. During one retrieval we had some dufus in a speed boat cross our lines. Oops lost 100 feet of line and a lure, luckily we didn't lose the boat.
    One idiot even deliberately ran down one of our guys sailboat. $750.00 down the tubes.

Lastly one of our crowd decided to actually troll a small lure attached 100 feet behing his model speedboat. a large carp grabbed the lure and yanked the boat into Davy Jones locker. lol

I don't think we have anything to worry about from the precision caster.

GBF,
    THANKS! for giving me the LAUGH of the day!
    You boat guys are funny funny!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by bob--o
    Quote Originally Posted by billknepp
    Maybe they should find a way to incorperate that with Roland Martin's little toy He just came out with....think of the financial wind fall!!!.....Wonder how many suckers they've netted with that lil gizmo so far?!?!

My 4 year old loves that "rod thing" the Rocket pole. I spend $300 for a nice rod, for the fun he has, the $30 was worth it.

MAJOR + is no hooks flying around little kids OR dads. I'll teach him to cast without the hook.
    bob--o,
    Your reply is interesting because when my son was very young I didn't tie a hook on his line, just a plastic worm. Some people thought that was mean but while he was learning I didn't want to have to go to the Emergency Room!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

So they have this itty bitty boat to haul the "lure" out to where you want it to go.
    Does any one know if it has to have an itty bitty registrarion. It is after all a motor boat and can you imagine the size of the fire extinguisher.

I think it would be fun to have a itty bitty Apache Helo attack it!

When I was young and inocent (just a few years ago) a close fishing buddy and I were watching TV and on the screen was this ad for the new and amazing Vibro Bat lure. Showed this guy with strings of huge fish, the fish just couldn't resist the lure and would jump right out of the water to get it if you dangled it over the water. We had to have one! We sent in some of our hard earned paper route money and when they arrived we rode our bikes down to our fishing hole and started casting these babies, drooling with the thought of huge strings of fish dangling from our handle bars on our ride home. We were going to be big stuff in the neighborhood, boy oh boy!...........you guessed it, no fish leaping to our blazing blue or red chromed Vibro Bats...eventually we lost them all on a snag...probably still down there, all bright and shinny. Device's like the fish getter in the ad here are to catch fishermen not the fish....I know.

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

This is a joke, right? (LOL)

Actually, except for the fish-finder part, it's not a new idea. Salt-Water Big Game Fisherman have been using remote control boats to take out heavy baits for shark and other behemoths, for several decades. We used to do it in Galveston back in the 60s. Any remote control model boat would work. You just layed the bait on the deck, opened the bail on your reel, and when it gets where you want, just close the bail and your bait would fall off the back end of the boat. Simple.

If you really wanted to have fun, you could use a remote control helicopter model, or maybe a dive-bomber like an SBD Dauntless or TBF Avenger. If your gonna use toys, make 'em good ones!!!! I have a neighbor that has built a remote control 4 engined B-29 model that actually drops projectiles. You could make precision bomb runs with your lures.

Semper Fi!

+ Reply to Thread