Line clipper w/lanyard

OUTER COMPARTMENT:
    Multiple Umpqua tapered leaders, in zip-loc bags
    Hook de-barbing pliers
    Line cleaner bottle
    Fly floatant bottle
    Two (2) home-made nylon fish stringers
    Spare curved-nose forceps

Anyone having information, please contact Officer M. Unruh at Lawrence, KS Police Department. Station phone: (785) 832-7650 Re: LKPD Case Number 02-07-5895

Suspects are under investigation but fencing of Sage rod remains a possibility.

Default Re: Stolen Lawrence, KS morning of May 9, 2007 in garage burglar

Oh, no! Say it isn't so that Joe got burglarized. I am pulling for you that you get all your gear back, Joe.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Was anything else missing? Tools, toys, or otherwise? If not, I think who did it has been in your garage.

I feel for you man... bummer..

If anybody ever stole my gear, I think they would pay me to take it back. Well, most everything except for the digital camera anyway.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Yeah, that was my 00-wt. Sage rig and related gear that was stolen. The burglars also took my bass guitar amplifier and a mountaineering day pack.

I've been six months in this house I'm sitting for a person who lives in Washington state, and last Monday was the first time I've forgotten to close the garage door behind me. I got distracted, forgot I'd left it up, and that one mistake did the trick.

House insurance can't cover this loss because I'm not the home owner/policy holder. My vehicle insurance can't cover it because the items were not stolen from inside my truck. I'm just SOL. $1,500 worth of gear gone. The worst loss being the Sage; godamighty what a rod that was.

Joe,

I agree that this was probably someone who has been in the garage. It seems they knew what they were looking for. I would also consider someone from the neighborhood who would be able to notice, immediately, that the door was open and had the opportunity. Shown that rod to anyone? Also seems like a rather esoteric item to steal, unless you know what it's worth, or you want it for yourself. Good luck

coulda even been a so-called friend..........you would be surprised what someone you call a friend or family would do............i had a nephew that wanted to stay with me till he finnished his last year of highschool because his mother, my sister, moved to mosurri and he wanted to graduate here...........one day he had stolen 2500$ my wife had kept in a drawer saved up for a plane ticket to go visit her family in indonesia..........he also stole some expensive rare hand tools dating from the mid 1800s...........found the tools in a local pawn shop but had to buy them back............never seen the 2500$ again though..........hope ya find your stuff...........keep us posted.........

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hyde
    House insurance can't cover this loss because I'm not the home owner/policy holder. My vehicle insurance can't cover it because the items were not stolen from inside my truck. I'm just SOL. $1,500 worth of gear gone. The worst loss being the Sage; godamighty what a rod that was.
    I hope you find out who stole these items. It's too late now, but I'd advise you (or anyone with high end gear) to get together with your insurance agent to discuss getting Scheduled Coverage for your gear added to your Homeowners or Renter insurance. It will add a few buck to your insurance costs, but you will be amazed at what it will cover...far more than any homeowners insurance will.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

+ Reply to Thread