Was up a lake near me today when I got down the hill to the water there were four visiable bass just hanging out in the shallows like three feet from shore. I was able to get down to the water just near them with out running them off and tied on a wooly bugger and ran it right in between them not one even batted an eye at my offering. I next tried a leech then a crayfish pattern and nothing worked. I then put on a scud and nothing I was able to catch some blue gill and that was a blast but I just couldnt seem to intrest the bass. They were feeding I believe on nymphs reason being they were feeding like trout do as well as they were feeding right off the bottom at times tails breaking the surface. Any ideas (other than clubbing them I thought of that all by myself). One side note its actually more than likely a good thing I didnt hook into them, they were all pushing 18 inches two of them a bit larger, and I was using my 6 6 2wt with the idea of fishing for pan fish. The positive thing is I did find a place where the fish are at and can go back to try again.

wire