+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little time spent...

Default A little time spent...

I was just taking time to clean my oldest rod, a cheapy, none the less, one that I like alot. I keep it in my jeep, in the heat, cold, have lade it on the ground many times, my point is. It's my rod I carry alll the time with me. I'm glad I took time to bring it in the house to clean it up a bit. I found 2 places at the guides that had a small crack in them. The next cast out could have found me on the stream with a rod that didn't work very well. cause I took time to bring it in and clean it up a bit, a little super glue with a small brush, and I'm ready to go...
    Just a thought.
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Default Re: A little time spent...

Tim,
    Will you be able to attend the Michigan Fish-In? If you'll be able I'll fix your rod while we're there. Tell me what size guides that have the cracks, and what color wrap you have, and I'll come prepared to fix it, guides, wrap, and epoxy, and you'll still be abe to fish it in short order.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty,
    I also hope Tim can make it to Michigan. He knows he only has to come to my place here in Ohio & we can co-drive my Jeep the rest of the way. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Thank you Betty, Mike, very much for the offer, my old rod is fine with the glue. I'm just glad I caught it in time to fix a problem b-4 it happened on the stream. I would like to make the fish in, but right now I'm thankful I have enough to keep me busy for a while. If it ends up I have all the forces that be (lol) that needs to line up to make that happen, then I will be there. FAOL is the greatest.

God Bless,

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread