I brought my father "fishing" yesterday to a fly fish only, handicap area.
As I've mentioned before, dad's too frail to fish, we are just there to watch others and enjoy a nice lunch on the river.

This area is well stocked, on a nice piece of water, and is wheelchair accessable.
When we arrived there was four anglers in the handicap area. Three wading and one gentleman in his 80's casting from a folding chair.
The clout above this gentleman was slashing the water with his weighed fly/ indicator combo and then letting it drift to a point in directly front of the older man.
The clueless one would then rip his rig from the water cast upstream again.
Twice the older man picked up his chair and moved down stream.
Twice the bonehead edged his sorry *** further down stream to do it all again.
Final the old gentleman broke down his rod, picked up his chair and walked away.
As he pasted us I asked him;"A little crowded today?"
He replied, "Not bad today, weekends are much worse."
As some one who used to stock this area, I know how many fish are in this pool. I understand why people would want to try their "luck" there.
What I don't understand is why anyone would feel the need to muscle their way in front another angler just to catch another little pastifaced little trout.
Maybe no one ever explained stream etiquette to this clout (do you need to?). Maybe he was just an *******. I don't know.
This stuff really burns my toast... rant over.. still don't feel better though...