My go-to lake has not been up to par as yet, so there is another in an adjoining county that affords walking 2/3rd's of the bank....so this past Tuesday I figured..."why not?" After all, it's very overcast and I love surface action. Upon arrival it was overcast there too; no breeze at all, water looked like a mirror. Perfect!

So, I line up my trusty Sage XP 8' 3wt. with a little popper and cast in front of a clump of swamp reeds and, BAM! No, not Emirel, a nice sized golden shiner. Odd for them to hit surface flies. Next cast, BAM, nice big bluegill. And, on and on.

To make a long story short; I arrived at 0850 and left at 1103 after landing 28 quality fish, including one LMB over 3 1/2 lbs. That's right, on the 3wt. And, I have a witness. He was very happy for me. But, I didn't run back home and tell you guys/gals because where was my camera? ON THE KITCHEN TABLE!!!!!

Yesterday was almost as nice, a little overcast here, but partly sunny when I arrived back at Daretown Lake. That's right, I said it, against the request of one of the locals. After all, how many of you FAOL'ers are going to flock to southern New Jersey and over-run the little municipal lake? And, there was a slight breeze, no problem. This time I took the Sage 5wt.

Getting tired of typing so, after an hour and one-half I had landed 19 quality fish, and here they are....not all 19!!!!

Wow, what did I do to the image sizing?

It's an eye test for you...

Jim