+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Akalooker...a friend indeed!

Default Akalooker...a friend indeed!

I just want to express my gratitude to akalooker....aka Terry Lancaster, a member of this family. Not sure how much to tell about my dear friend Terry. Suffice it to say he has not been working for years due to a very troublesome back problem. He has devoted his last two weeks to helping me with my things to do and such. My wife recently passed away. I am living in a rental 3.5 hours away from my home and garage where people are renting my home. Point of this is my life is in complete disarray. I am not even thinking clearly and making good decisions. Terry has been a savior and godsend. He has suffered through the frustrations of me and my difficulties and hung in there. He has taken on the role of personal assistant. Cancelled his own doctor and therapy appointments at times to assist me. Done things for me online, gone with me to take care of difficult situations. Boosted my spirit when I need it. He has totally dropped his own life.....and his wife...Helen has been wonderful as well. Had me over for many dinners and sent me home with food. Terry has "pushed" me every day to get things done so that I may go to a lake for the summer and ponder the world. I have too much too say and apologize for the long post. I am on a deadline to meet a departure date. Terry has done everything in his power to help me make that goal. Bless this man for what he is. I hold this man in extreme high regard. I cannot think of enough good words to express or explain how wonderful this man has been in my life. God bless Terry Lancaster and his wife Helen. He has been my saviour. A friend anyone would want in his foxhole in time of need. Hat's off to akalooker.

Seriously Sincerely,

Blog Entries

Default Re: Akalooker...a friend indeed!

Gemrod, WOW! You have a one in a million friend indeed.
    Terry thank you and your wife for looking after one of our family so very well.
    I am truly in awe of a friendship such as yours.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

That is a wonderful tribute to Terry and his wife!
    It shows that helping someone makes you a Angel.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Hey Gemrod,
    Quite the tribute you've posted here. It's great to hear we have people of the caliber of Terry and his wife Helen here on the FAOL BBs who are so willing to help someone as much as they have helped you. On the other hand, you must be one heck of a fella yourself to deserve such friendship and help.

Mark

My hat's off to you and your wife Terry. You got to hang on to a friend like that Jim. They are few and far between.

Rocky

nighthawk Guest

Terry is a very, very wonderful person! I have yet to meet him face to face but have corresponded with him via email. He saved me a good amount of money while I was setting up my gear for the canoe. Terry, I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for Gemrod, myself and all the others whose lives you have touched.

Gemrod,
    I think you are a man of the finest character! Takes pure guts to open up to someone else and let them help you when you have suffered such a terrible lose. There is always room for you in our hearts and home. I hope, some day, to have the honor of sharing the water with you and Terry. Through Him all things are made right by us! Through Him we will get to meet each other in paradise. God Bless you.

Terry might be one of the finest people you could deal with. Still, its great to see somebody get appreciated so eloquently like you did Gemrod. It's nice to get appreciated, and I'm sure Marco is right, you must be one fine person to justify all this assistance! Terry wouldn't be wasting his time investment. I wish you well mate and hope that things improve for you, I guess it can only get better from here. Keep plugging away at it.
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

ah yes, there are angels, but it takes a heck of a person to notice and accept. good for all of you involved in this fine thing. Gemrod, I offer my best wishes for peace and fulfillment. I cannot know your grief.
    Paul

Akalooker, Gemrod my hat is off to both of you.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Angels is what comes to my mind as well. When someone takes time, to come into your darkness, and reach down a hand that you can grab hold of. That hand seems to have some kind of power in it. I had dinner last night with a couple of those FAOL angels. My girlfriend and I met Ohiotuber and Dotman for dinner at O'charlies . We have fishing on the angender for today. Gemrod, I agree, that Aka and his wife are indeed a blessing. all three of you will be in my thoughts and prayers as I go meet Tuber this am for todays fishing. We have another day.

God Bless,
    Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread