Well, I got two kayaks and a roof rack system, so all is well. So what did I get?

I decided to go with the Yakima crossbars, LowRider towers and the HullRaiser cradle system. I have the Hullraisers in the center, with the two boats facing outwards. I find it to be a very simple system to work with. No tools to install. I didn't buy the locks to keep the bars on the car, but I will, as taking them off and putting back on takes a bit of time.

My wife and I bought two used yaks from friends of ours. Not exactly ideal for fishing, but I can modify one enough for this year and save up towards an Ocean Kayak or something like that, rather than the Pelican Castaway.

We took the yaks out on local water this Memorial Day and had a great time. Looking forward to getting out to fish in mine. Right now, trying to learn how to paddle without pulling to port all the time. No rudders on the little yak, so I'll have to work on my stroke skills.

Yakima customer service via email was great to work with. I tried them by phone, buy not so good. I purchased the system online from RackAttack, one of their sponsors. Good price and GREAT delivery time.

See ya on the water!

-Padron-