After work tonight, I stopped by a local lake to see if anything was hitting. When I got there, it was about 7:00pm and the temprature was 85 and the wind was blowing pretty good. I tied on a bead head black wooly bugger and started casting in the coves. Within 10 minutes, I had my first fish on the line. It was a very large bluegill that I had trouble getting my hand around, it was about 9" long and very fat and very colorful. Next cast, another about the same size. The next few casts didn't turn up any strikes so I cast the opposite direction down the bank, first cast a bluegill bigger than the first two. When it was all said and done and darkness fell in, I had landed about 9 or 10 bluegill in the 8-10" range, one crappie that measured 12", a bass that went about 8" and a handfull of smaller bluegill. All in all, over 20 fish were landed by me tonight. None of them were killed. I just wasn't in the mood to clean fish after I got home, but they would have made a fine meal for sure.

My wife and son are in bed and I was so excited, I had to tell someone. My boy didn't want to go fishing tonight. He's going to be mad in the morning.

Today was only my 4th time out with my flyrod. I think I'm going to be liking this.

Jeff