Now down to business. How are you fishing that woolly to pickup those giant bream? I almost never catch bluegills on woolies.
I'm casting it out and letting it sink for about 3-4 seconds and stripping it in very slowly. Every once in a while, I'll give it a twitch and let it sink agian. They usually hit it on the way down. Just watch the end of the line and if it moves, lift the rod tip. I'm also keeping the rod tip about 10:00 or 11:00 (tip up) .

I'm fishing in the evening and it seems from about an hour before sunset until just before sunset they are hitting the woolies about one to two feed below the surface. When they stop hitting the woolies, I have been swithcing over to poppers and foam spiders.

I do clip the rubber band legs of the spiders and popers to the point where they're about 1/2" to 3/4". I've found they will grab a leg and pull it under if they are left long. Clipping them short, the bluegill inhale the thing. I've also caught some small bass on them this way too.

The bluegil are not on the nest yet around here.

My retriev is very slow and steady with the twitch about every other "strip" of the line.

I'm using 5 wt floating weight forward line and a 4X tippet.

I went to a different lake tonight and caught a few. I didn't keep count, but if I had to guess, I would say 8 to 10. They were not quite as big, but they were a lot of fun.

A front blew through here yesterday and the temp dropped from the upper 70's to the mid 60's and that seemed to turn them off just a little bit.

Hope this is helpful.

My son is off school tomorrow and I'm taking a 1/2 day vacation. There is a little stream close by where the state stocks trout in the springtime. We're going to see if we can catch a couple. If no luck at the stream, there is also a lake at the state park that usually is good for a few fish.

Jeff