Quote Originally Posted by Avalon
Dear panman,

Around these parts fishing pressure on most trout water drops off dramatically around Memorial Day. That is because the average trout angler in PA is convinced that unless the trout are put in the stream via a bucket drawn from a stocking trout a stream cannot possibly contain trout.

I'll admit that I often stop fishing for trout around Memorial Day or shortly thereafter, as I prefer to fish for bass and panfish during the warmer months and give the trout a rest. What amazes me when I resume my trout fishing after Labor Day is the fact that most of the streams are devoid of fishermen at that time. I've managed to find a number of streams worth fishing in the Fall, many of which hold sizeable wild trout populations that the truck chasers don't even know exist since they figure all the stocked trout were fished out months ago.

I'll share a lot of the information I've gathered with people who ask once I get a feel for their motivation and fishing ethics, but I make it a point not to just blab it all over the internet for everyone to view. I've taken people to some of these streams and they in turn have returned the favor for me by telling me or taking me to their spots. That is the way things are supposed to work.

Best Wishes,
Avalon
Can't agree with you more. I really haven't run into a press of anglers yet this season and I've been out plenty of times. The most people I've run into on any one stream in any one day is about 4. But I'm willing to hoof it a long ways to fish(I love being in the woods) and am always looking for other places that are more out of the way than your run-of-the-mills in our particular area. I suppose if all I wanted to do was catch fish I would just spend the majority of my time on the Yellow Breeches, but the fish catching is just a bonus to a day spent in the woods, IMHO.