Here is a excerpt from Neil Travis' article Myths & Outright Lies:

"If the major trout waters are crowded try fishing smaller out of the way streams. How many of those have you encountered lately? If you find an out of the way stream that is devoid of anglers there is likely a good reason for the lack of crowds. It is either private or more likely barren of anything resembling a trout. If it is open to the public and it has trout it will have anglers."

Today was opening day for a number of streams and creeks in Oregon. I journeyed to a small creek that is located on national forest land. This creek get very little fishing pressure and today was no exception. I had to winch a fallen tree out of the road to make it into the creek. I fished for about 3 hours and caught 20 brookies and a couple of rainbows. When I left I could tell that nobody else had ventured into my little part of paradise. This is the fourth year in a row that I have spent the opening on XXXXX creek without any competition.

My point is: If you are willing to take the time and make the effort there are little creeks that can be found that get very little fishing pressure yet can be very productive. The Forest Service provides fairly good maps. These maps along with Topo Zone and with a little exploring you might be able to dscover such a place.

Tim