I bought the 7/8 wt last fall. Fished it for big rainbows on the Kvichak River in SW Alaska with 5 inch articulating flesh flies. Absolutely awesome steamer presentation. I was fishing side by side with someone fishing a 24' sink tip Rio line, and I had far better success. The line really keeps the streamer in the strike zone. I found though due to its short length (60') that it is better for smaller water than the Kvichak. I was casting 40-60' out, with a huge upstream mend when shooting the forward cast. Let all that line sink, and the fly was perfect for zone, and just stayed there.

I took this same line to Chile in October/November, and had great luck to with streamers. Used it both in lakes and smaller rivers. Best water depth seemed to be 3' - 5'. Doesn't really get down in those real deep holes like a heavy grain sink-tip. But perfect for that range of depth. One day on the Rio Figurora in Chile I was just nailing the fish (rainbows and browns) and it was so easy. I think it will be great line for pounding banks with streamers out of a drift boat, but haven't done that yet. It really casts nice in the wind, as it is really thin. I look forward to using it some more.