+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L2L reconnect leaders

Default L2L reconnect leaders

All I can say is I will never be without these leaders ever again!
    I used one leader for about 3months. Just kept adding tippet and when I finally had to put a new one on, it took maybe 30 seconds. To me they are worth their weight in platinum.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default Re: L2L reconnect leaders

BBW,
    Thanks for posting this reconnect system. It only took 40 of my flyfishing yrs for them to invent a sensible option to connecting leader to fly line.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

DO THEY REALLY WORK THAT WELL DO THEY SMACK THE WATER VERY MUCH I JUST ALLWAYS GLUED MINE WITH SUPERGLUE I HAVE TO CHANGE FLY BUT IF ITS WORTH IT I'M ALWAYS WILLING TO TRY NEW THINGS

The connector is very small. It hits about the same as the fly line. The leaders have a very good taper. The hardest thing is getting them out of the package and unwinding the connector around the leader. I would never think of tying a leader to fly line again.

Hi guys,

I totally agree. I bought about a dozen of them via mail-order from Cabelas just before I moved out to SW Alberta this spring, and I couldn't be happier. I also got some with the new sink-tip option as well, and it makes it so easy to change things around.

I initially bought them with the idea that I could meticulously pre-tie some flies onto a few leaders before I left home (because tying on flies riverside had been a major source of frustration and delay for this half-blind newbie) but I seem to have become better at my knots ... but I still love the leaders for their convenience.

The season opens next week ... I'll give you an in-the-field report.

Ron

i used them for the first time on sunday for gills. it's almost too easy too put one on. i thought they may come apart if i got snagged and really gave it a yank but i was wrong. I wonder how they are for bigger fish? I got mine at Wal Mart fo $3 a piece

I've caught up to a 3 lb bass with them with no problems and lots of very large bluegill. I've snapped the leader off on snags without the connector thinking of coming loose...........uh..............many times

The connector will cast thru the guides on the rod too. It is that small.

I also makes threading the line thru the guides easier. I just push the connector thru the guides and let the leader follow. I makes this task tons easier to do.

So far the only complaint so far is the fact some bream will hit the connector and not the fly

Scientific Anglers has come up with a very nice system with the Reconnects. I've used them and liked them a lot but now I've gone over to the dark side of furled leaders. (May I be forgiven for my sins!?) Don't forget they are a sponsor here and surely appriciate the nice comments.

The Dark Side? Jack (Darth Vader) Hise?
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Im new the whole fly thing so is it possible to post a link to the product? I think I saw something like it at the local shop.

+ Reply to Thread