Remember my thread awhile back asking if I could make some extra money tying flies. I got mixed answers with most saying it's not a great idea. It was kind of discouraging, but i'm a stubborn old coot and never like to give up on anything. My goal was to just make enough to pay for my fishing expences.

Well stubborn is better than smart sometimes. I found what I was looking for. Without naming names I found someone with a shop who will train me to tie what he wants. He'll supply all the materials and pay me $4.00 a doz. They are all simple streamer type flies. I'm not sure how long it takes to tie a doz. but I should get faster after getting the hang of it. The best part is all the tying is done in the winter. He has 5 other guys tying for him, and it all gets done in the winter to build up his stock, and then everybody goes fishing from spring to fall.

It's just what I wanted, and couldn't ask for a better deal. I'll probably still tie all year long so I don't have to cram it all in the winter. Tying a couple of dozen flies after a day on the stream will not be a big deal.

This way I can tie my own flies too, pay for my gas and be able to drive to further fishing spots than if I didn't have this deal, and maybe I can afford a new rod now and then.

Life is good except for Buddy not being with me anymore. He would have loved Colorado.

Sorry for bending your ears. I had to tell somebody who understands.