+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life in the bamboo shop

Default Re: Life in the bamboo shop

Bob
    Very nice to hear your voice again. When can we expect Extreme Flyfishing II?
    Thanks for the updates.
    mcsteff

Bob, Thank you for the commentary. I hope you will continue. I'll be in Mountain Home in a few hours. I'll say Hi to the Norfork for you. Gerry L.

Well, the shop, most of the time, but when not, Mountain Home, AR

mcsteff... Thanks. I'm probably going to start writing a "new" EXTREME FLYFISHING" this summer, between rods. I'm sure, fishing the White and Norfork on a regular basis, there will be plenty to write about! LOL

Gerry, anytime you're heading to the Norfork after June, just let me know and I'll go stretch a little line with you. I MUST have advance notice, however. At least 30 minutes! (takes me that long to decide which rod to take and throw it in the car).

Later,
    Bob

...Bob...good to hear...hope that all the past , uh, experiences will allow you to stay more focused this time...good luck & wish you the best! QC is one great & forgiving mentor!!
    ...so many boo rods, so many trout....do I have enough time?...

skeet,

Yeah, QC is something else. The help and advice, both as a craftsman and a businessman, that I've received from Ron is invaluable. I consider him a very dear friend. We talk when we can, but not always about rods. He's a pleasure to talk to and sometimes I just call to say "Whassup!!!"

Well, I will definitely stay more focused this time around. I didn't realize how much I loved rodmaking until I had it taken away from me for the sake of the business ventures of "others". I do dearly love it and will never abandon it again, barring any health concerns.

Later,
    Bob

PS: Back in Texas again... just a few more days til I'm back at the shop, then only about 5 more weeks and we'll start moving the shop and furniture to Mountain Home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RLNunley
    PS: Back in Texas again... just a few more days til I'm back at the shop, then only about 5 more weeks and we'll start moving the shop and furniture to Mountain Home!!!
    Bob,

Where in TX? I am in College Station/Bryan.

Question, what happens to the rejects? Have you considered selling the blanks to us lowly folks?

Brian

Brian,
    I'm in Paradise, about 30 miles west of Ft Worth. Not for much longer, though. Now less than 4 weeks and the move begins. We're actually leaving here on May 26th.

As for the "bad" blanks, No, I don't sell them. Some of them I fish myself, and some I destroy, but I don't let them get out on the market in any form, even as blanks, as I do not want to take a chance of one of my mistakes ending up out there and someone saying "Man, look at this piece of $%#$... Nunley made it!". Know what I mean???

Well, out of here for now. I'll be back in OK at the shop tomorrow, so I'll probably be in Cane Chat tomorrow night. Hope to see some of you there.

Later,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RLNunley
    Brian,
    I'm in Paradise, about 30 miles west of Ft Worth.
    Bob,

Of course you are in Paridise, you are in Texas, right?

I understand about the blanks. I am just far enough in my years to figure the worst someone could say is no and they might say yes. You never know until you sak.

Thanks for the reply.

Brian

+ Reply to Thread