I have been told by a good source that these rods are built on Forecast E-glass spinning blanks. I have been an advocate of these blanks for about 4 years now and they make great little flyrods. I have built the 1 pc Forecast 601, 720, and 780 and the 2 pc E-glass 721-2 that is sold on Ebay by C&M Customtackle.

Forecast discontinued the 2 pc blanks and only offers the 1pc. I believe the rod in the link above was a 1pc blank that was cut and a spiggot ferrule added to it.

These blanks are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone. The 720 (5/6wt) and 721-2 (6/7) are staples in my arsenal and are perfect for getting a fly under a canopy or for fishing out of a kayak. The 780 is a 6'6" that finishes out to a nice 3/4wt but at 1pc is a bit of a pain to transport. I am all for outside the box thinking and low cost, bang for the buck options and these blanks not only fit that mold, but make excellent rods to boot.

Here's a few pics of my rods:

720 1pc. 5/6 wt

721-2 6/7wt

721-2 6/7wt for a customer

There are several topics in the fiberglassflyrodders forum about these rods and I reccomend reading them to get a better idea of what these rods are all about.

Good Luck,

Lou