Went fishing this weekend in SW Missouri, (IT WAS COLD!!!!), guides froze up and had to dip them in the "warm" spring water to melt the ice, but it was fun! Anyway, I saw a couple of posts about glass rods, there was one about Shakespeare Wonder-Rods, and I just happen to have one (it is/was my dad's, not giving it back), but never used it, stuck with the graphite that I learned on, but took it with me and used it. It was really fun, and I found it pretty easy to cast, had a 7 weight line on it, and was getting some pretty good length on my casts. I have no idea what model it is, the sticker is worn off, but it is 8'6" long, so if anyone has a suggestion upon what the model number is I would appreciate it. The only "negative" is that it is "heavy", I think I am going to name it the "Telephone Pole". I caught some fish on it, and it was fun to bring them in, and kind of nostalgic. My brother bought a Eagle Claw Glass rod, and had alot of fun with it, even though I caught the first fish on it, ha ha! So thanks to those people talking about glass rods, I probably would have never used it, and never had the experience I had. I may get another! But next is Bamboo!
Drew