Bought a "new" jon boat
The ID# on my boat is a replacement number issued by my state so I'm not exactly sure what make or model it is . When i registered it at the revenue office, it came back as a 1956 Ouachita flattbottom, but my id # is actually for a homemade boat or a boat in which the id# has been lost, and it had about 20 coats of paint so its possible somewhere down the line the original ID# was taken off and lost. It looks similiar to the old Arkansas Traveler jon boats.

Anyway, it is a 16 foot long & 36 inches wide riveted. It has 4 benches for seats. I was wondering if anyone knows for sure who made boats of these dimensions, there doesn't seem to be any newer boats with these sizes to compare that I could find.
It has a place where it has had a steering wheel in the past, and looks like the original paint color could have been either red or turqoise, not the typical jon boat color.
Would like to know the weight capacity and max hp i could put on it and if anyone has any info on Ouachita boats.

Anyway, me and the wife and kids primered it and have put some parker duck boat paint on it, it looks like a new boat. It has ano old 9.5 HP evinrude on it, we added 4 new camo seats and bought a trolling motor for it. The previous owner had added plywood carpeted floors that sit in it and a front deck which looks pretty good. Its really been a fun project and we plan to use it on the Little Red and White rivers.
Just wondering if anyone has any info on ouachita boats or maybe a pic for comparison?
Thanks.