Hi folks,

Just curious to see how many different patterns folks carry in their boxes for a single major mayfly hatch. I tend to just carry 1 nymph, 1 emerger, 2 dun patterns, and 1 spinner for each . Duns are traditional hackle Catskill dries and comparaduns for most eastern hatches, plus parachutes for BWO and Sulphers.

Nymph: 1 specific pattern for each major hatch (Caucci), mostly unweighted plus PTNs and BHPTNs for BWO and Sulphers.
Emerger: Caucci spectrumized dubbing, poly or CDC loop wing bud
Traditional Catskill ties: One hackled pattern for each (except m and f Hendrickson), though don't fish them as much as comparaduns unless in fast water
Comparaduns: for all, but am adding some Sparkle Duns and Harrop Hairwing Duns as replacements
Parachute: for BWO and Sulphers only
Thorax: Just for Hendricksons (m and f)
Quill Wing No Hackles: None except for a a few random experimental BWOs that I haven't had much luck on.
Cripples: None except for a few Hendrickson and Sulphers with CDC wings
Spinner: Poly wings, Caucci spectrumized body dubbing
Soft Hackles: Just 4 generic patterns in a range of sizes: Partridge Orange, Partridge Green, Partridge Yellow, and Partridge and Hare's Ear to imitate drowned adults and emergers as well as generic caddis pupae and searching pattern

Accepting that in most cases it's more about presentation and size than pattern, I was wondering what styles of ties seem to work well for you that I should add. Thanks!

peregrines