I just got back from the Current River last night , cut my trip a bit short.
I felt it best for my health as the temp was supposed to get down to 20 over night and I was tent camping.
To start with , the water clarity was a bit on the murky side, not hot chocolate(I could see bottom most of the time) but it was'nt like a glass of gin either. The water temp is anybodies guess cause I dont have a themometer and probably would'nt bother to use one even if somebody were to giveme one.I didnt die of hypothemia and I was wearing a good set of thermals and breathable waders.
The first day I just about got blown off the water . Day two jusst about got blown off the water .Day three I did not just about get blown off the water . On each of the first three days I went with rods that were for me too small for the wind. Then I smartened up and got out my short Fenwick fiberglass and let er wail. I got the best rainbow of my life that morning. the fish was right at 20". No photos, I wouldnt have taken one as I was really afraid that I had played the fish too long. Just scared of loosing that one cause I knew it was a good un.I got it back in the water and made sure it was ok before I let go. What a reward!
The trees are starting to leaf out, so there isnt too much cover from over hangs.
I did see a mega caddis hatch ( I sure figure it was caddis') it looked like brown snow comming up off the water. Fantastic. If I had hair then I would still be picking them out of it.
One of the best weeks I have had in quite a while.
My wife even showed up to suprise me(a darn welcome suprise it was too).