If you motor around in a small boat or square stern canoe, please use caution when waters are low and more shallow where stumps and other underwater obstacles may not be seen until too late. In fact it would most likely be better to wait for higher water levels so obstacles will be well below the canoe and prop. It happened to Don and me on his canoe the other day. Prop hit an unseen stump or root and wrenched the tiller around uncontrollably. The canoe went over on the starboard and did not come back until we were in the water hanging on to the canoe with our heads out of the water. The motor had cut out as soon as it went over. We flipped the canoe back over pretty quick so we didn't loose anything and walked it to the bank. The motor was water fouled and wouldn't start so after bailing out the canoe with a plastic dish and cooler we had to paddle back in. Fortunately only our pride was hurt but it was an unavoidable thing. We will be more careful next time but it would probably best to wait until the water levels come up after getting some rain but rains probably won't start until May.

P.S.
The [img] code is not working right now for me or I would post photos of the canoe. That's not all that is wrong. I know I have around 1300 posts, not 805. Also looks like the clock isn't working either.