+ Reply to Thread

Thread: St Croix legend reel

Default St Croix legend reel

I just bought a new St. Croix "legend" large arbor fly reel on ebay. I got it for less than half price, so I bought it without knowing much about this particular reel. I wanted another large arbor reel so I just decided to take a chance. Dose anyone know anything about this reel. I got the one for 5/6 wt line.

Default Re: St Croix legend reel

I just bought a Legend 9/10 weight rated Legend. I needed a striper rig and a good friend was selling his reel, so I scooped it up. It is used, but he takes incredibly good care of all his equipment. He sold me the reel with an extra spool, one spool holding a 450 grain sink and the other a floater....and at a great price. I'm glad he offered me such a deal on a reel that I have seen handling some big fish. Last year he hooked into a monstrous fish that ended up bending out his hook. The drag was definitely put to the test, as he set it almost as tight as it can be set, and it performed remarkably well in my opinion. The fish went 80 yards into his backing before getting off the hook, but the drag didn't fail. Like I said, he took great care of the reel(rinsing after every use) and the reel was constantly exposed to saltwater conditions and the possible corrosion that can come along with them...mint condition, no rust, no corrosion. Obviously my reel has a much larger rating than the one you purchased, but I would assume that the quality is the same. I really doubt you will have any complaints about the reel. It is a high quality product at a great price even from a retail store, so if you got a good deal second hand, then thats is even better. Another benefit of buying a St. Croix product...if you ever need to have the reel serviced, St. Croix is always more than helpful and very reasonable. So hook into a monster and put it to the test.

+ Reply to Thread