Is some excitement! Let's face it, standing in a beautiful river waving a stick is just plain boring compared to playing "Bass Fisherman" on the Playstation 3. And there's bugs and stuff that bite you, mud, and vicious animals to contend with.

Float tubes and pontoon boats for lakes? How boring! We need fly fishing boats with 200cc outboards that can do 40 mph on out to the fishing hole (to get there ahead of the other flycasters), then back to the dock in a neck-in-neck race for the finish. Like NASCAR on the water! GPS nevigation, sonar depth finders, and underwater cameras would add greatly to the excitement, and keep the kids interested. Maybe even a fiber optic camera mounted just ahead of the lure so we all quit missing those pesky, subtle strikes when nymphing! And for sure you'd want a big stereo system with a subwoofer on your boat, blasting out rap music while you fish---that would get all the kids in the spectator boats really interested in our sport.

Then our sport can get some real money from corporate sponsorships, and many of us can quit our jobs because we're making $600,000 a year fishing professionally. Being on the Whiting Hackle pro staff just doesn't cut it anymore--what, they pay you in FEATHERS? I want cash, and lots of it!

I think competitive fly fishing will catch on if it's exciting enough. In fact, I saw a pre-release magazine photo of JC and Ladyfisher, due out in the next issue of Fly Fisherman magazine. They're both decked out in bright red FAOL-logo jumpsuits, plastered with the logos of FAOL sponsors, driving a Ranger bass boat (new model, called a "fly boat") at 60 mph with a big roostertail behind it, splashing all the media boats and spectators.

Have a great April Fools Day, everyone...DANBOB