Hi,
Well, back from fishing the Ngongataha Stream again. My wife Vanessa caught a recovering 1 kg, 41 cm, rainbow at the mouth of the Waiteti in the morning. I fished the Ngongataha for the rest of the day. River was high and muddy. Only had one strike the whole day.

And, returned to the find the car was broken into. Smashed the front passengers window and stole my fly tying kit out of the backseat. I had forgotten to take it out when I dropped Vanessa off where she had to give her talk. The funny thing is that that very morning we were in a fly shop and I said that there was nothing more I needed just then.

The police dusted my CD's (apparently they didn't like my taste in music as the CDs were all there, but on the floor). They were able to get some good prints, but of course, they may be mine or Vanessa's. They have our prints for elimination. So now, rather than tying up replacment flies, I'm writing a list of all the stuff that was in the kit for insurance. The car insurance covers the window, etc, but not contents. We're not sure if our contents insurance policy covers the content of the car; we're looking into that.

I'm just glad that I had taken Vanessa's rod and vest, etc, out out, and that I had all of my other stuff on me for the day.

Anyway, at least it was nice on the river for most of the day.

- Jeff