Hello All,

Just wanted to pass on an experience I had with Sage and their flyline.

A couple of months back I bought the highly recommended Sage Quiet Taper II WF1F line for my new 1wt cane rod. Unfortunately, something was terribly wrong with this particular line.

The line had the worst memory I had ever seen in a flyline. No amount of stretching or hanging in big loops or hanging in warm confines could get the memory coils out of this line. It looked like a giant plastic slinky.

On top of the memory, the line felt stiff, not limp. You could see the coils in it if you could manage some kind of cast with it. Most disappointing.

I emailed Sage and corresponded with Katie in customer service. I sent her the line so their designers could analyze it for themselves. We both agreed I must have had a defective line. This Quiet Taper II is not inexpensive by any means.

A few weeks went by (I was not in a hurry) with nothing from Sage. I called Katie to inquire. The designers could not pinpoint what caused the memory problem and stiff line coating. It was just a freak line; one that slipped past their QA perhaps and made it out into the world into the hands of an unlucky flyfisher (me!).

Katie told me Sage would make it right. This week I received in the mail TWO Sage Quiet Tapers, one WF1F and one DT1F.

Yes, Sage, and Katie, made it right. Great customer service, great communications, and the desire to make things right for the customer.

Thank you, Katie and Sage. A class act.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX