I've seen quite a few different versions of the Orvis 7'9" 5wt. Most seem to be pretty close in overall action and feel, but looking for some better Orvis expertise and history info here.

ONLY talking about the 5wt 7'9", how many different models have there been?

For example, I'm aware of:

- Superfine Far and Fine 2pc gray unsanded blank 5.5?
- Superfine Far and Fine 2pc newer brown blank 5.5? (was there a 2pc in the brown blank?
- Superfine 2006 4pc (called Far and Fine?) flex?
- Superfine 2007 4pc Trout Bum 4.0
- Green Mountain 2pc ?
- Rocky Mountain 2pc ? (staggered length sections? there's one on For Sale on this site)
- Rocky Mountain Western? 2pc ?
- Clearwater older version(s) ?
- Clearwater Classic 6.5 mid ?
- Silver Label 2pc 5.0 ?

Have I missed any? Probably! Anyway, please add any info, opinions, history, etc. to this thread (curiosity has gotten the better of me).

Also, I've heard that the older Clearwaters were basically identical to the Superfine Far and Fine, other than hardware. Is that true, including flex rating? I've also heard the newer Clearwaters and/or Clearwater Classic (6.5 mid flex) are not all that well thought of, as compared to the older Clearwaters?

Anyway, thanks for any additional info!

Tom

P.S. - Anyone have a 7'9" 5wt full flex Orvis they want to sell me for a reasonable price? (I'm not sure about the "staggered length sections" Rocky Mountain version that is for sale, but may consider it).