I typically avoid WalMart. Really, I do. But I went there this morning to look for some tying stuff, and to replace a couple of Trout Magnet lures (gasp) that SWMBO lost yesterday in the trees. On my way out, I see a room up front that used to be a bank. It's packed with stuff. The sign on the front says 50% off of the lowest marked price.

I go in and find a box of fly fishing stuff. The Orvis Green Mountain line in 4, 5, 6 wt was marked down to $7. Fly boxes $2. Some tippet $.75. I took some of the Orvis line up to the front and asked them if it was 50% off. They said yes.

I ended up walking out with 5 fly lines (Orvis 4, 5, 6 WF-F, SA WF-4-F, SA WF-6-S), 2 Plano fly boxes, 250 yds of SA 20lb backing, 6 packages of Cortland indicators, and a bottle of SA cleaning fluid plus pad for under $20. No, it's not SA GPX fly line, but I have friends and relatives just starting out, and it's better than nothing for sure.

It's killing me that I left so much stuff back there, though. Bassman, you may want to hit the WalMart at Gallaher View.