+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A better SOT

Default A better SOT

Well with all the extra toys I have setup on my Hobie wouldn't ya know someone comes out with a better mouse trap.

http://www.freedomhawkkayaks.com/Freedom_14.htm

Philip
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Interesting, but for 1900 dollars I think I'll pass.

jed

Price and weight alone make my Hobie look all the better... Just my opinion though..and the Mirage drive adds still more reason for being happy with what I already spent, Way more than I ever planned on spending on any watercraft..Interesting concept in a Kayak design though...

,Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Default Re: A better SOT

Hey Phil,

(Good to see you on the board.)

Those stabilizers could come in REAL handy should you need to perform a deep water re-entry.

Do they put a rudder of any sort on those. I didn't see where you could feasibly put one.

I like my rudder for fishing windy days and currents. Keeps you on drift longer without having to pick up the paddle as much to adjust.

By the way, have any of you tried/practiced a deep water re-entry in your kayak? If not, why not!? Something you may want to know if you can or cannot do without some sort of stabilizer.

They have inflatable floatation devices that fit over the end of your paddle then you hook the paddle to your kayak to make a makeshift stabilizer. Could save a life.

A makeshift stirrup could also come in handy for people with weak upper body strength to weight ratio. Like me and my two bad shoulders.

Poor Chinese man fishing near Tampa/St. Pete had a heart attack struggling to get back in his kayak a couple of weeks ago after tipping over. Of course he also spent precious time trying to round up all his stuff first. FORGET THE STUFF ... you can buy more stuff once you save your life.

HEY ... be careful out there ... OK!?
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

Hmm, at 85#, you could just paddle a 10-12' aluminum jon boat at 1/3 the price. Interesting concept though.

Quote Originally Posted by weehooker
    Hmm, at 85#, you could just paddle a 10-12' aluminum jon boat at 1/3 the price. Interesting concept though.
    Dear weehooker,

For $ 1900.00 you could get a brand new 10 foot jon boat with a new trailer and 3 HP outboard and forget about the paddle altogether.

$ 1900.00 for a kayak, what would P.T. Barnum think?

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

+ Reply to Thread