I just thought I?d post this in case someone out there has researched this issue.

Is anyone aware of ?limited mobility? or ?handicapped? considerations in the Federally designated ?roadless areas.?

I realize this seems a bit out of place but my point is this:

1) Pathways and campsites for recreation are provided for in these areas, but ?roads? per se are not allowed.
2) Most people wanting to walk (hike) or ride horses or bicycles have access to these areas ? handicappers may not.
3) Even though you may say, ? Enough ? why should people of limited mobility and the handicapped have access to everything we mobile people do?? The answer is as simple as ?they pay for it too.? And remember, you will be in this category someday if you are of normal lifespan. Your body may wear out long before your desire to fish moving water does.

I am not handicapped to the degree that I couldn?t get into some of these areas. Advanced arthritis and some pieces and screws in my neck from an auto accident would complicate it but I could do it. 5 years from now, I probably won?t be able to. And I am only 62. My mentor is Amigo bound ? see his picture in www.HATofMichigan.org. He still wants to fish moving waters like he has done for over 75 years. He is one of my hero?s. What do I tell him?