I picked up at my local craft supply store packages of raw wool from Tandy for $2 for a very large package. I bought 3. I took many a small batches out of one of the bags to dye each batch a different color using Kool Aid to dye the wool with. I have been having lots of fun spinning lots of wool flies for the past month. I have done Sculpin heads, Frog bodies and perch bodies so far as well as heads on some salt water bait fish from that raw wool. A little different then spinning deer hair but the cut off trimming from shaping the bodies can be used as dubbing later on wet flies. Also once water logged the wool sinks unlike the deer hair.

Picked up a small package of red and white seed beads for a quarter the other day at a estate sale. The white work great for Chronie heads. The red makes interesting blood worm bodies.

Picked up a spool of brown and another of pearl macrame yarn at Goodwill the other day for $2 for both large rolls. So far I been using the brown only to make indicators with but I came across the other day a hopper pattern with brown macrame yarn for the body. The pearl will give me winging material for the rest of my life. Any one want to trade me some damsel fly blue for either some of my brown, white or pearl {off white}. I am still looking for macrame yarn in the blue damsel color for furled bodies for my damsel dry flies.

Course the above is just some of my more recent finds.

I to have been eyeing the cat lately for dubbing but so far its been safe since I already have lots of old coat rabbit skins in the cats colors.